Stanley Street Treatment and Resources Data Breach Investigation
Lowey Dannenberg is investigating claims for violations of the common law and state consumer protection statutes by Stanley Street Treatment and Resources, Inc. (“SSTAR”), as a result of a data breach involving highly sensitive Social Security numbers, financial account information and medical treatment information.
If you received a notice letter, wish to participate, learn more, or discuss the issues surrounding the investigation please fill out the contact form below or please contact one of our attorneys at (215) 399-4782, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Happened and What Information Was Involved:
SSTAR is a health care and social service agency that provides mental health and substance abuse treatment services to people throughout southeastern Massachusetts.
SSTAR recently announced that an unauthorized party removed a limited number of files from their system. On September 26, 2022, SSTAR discovered that one or more of the files removed by the unauthorized party on or about October 14, 2021, contained:
- Full name and Social Security numbers, and may have also included one or more of the following elements of information:
- Government identification numbers,
- Dates of birth,
- Financial account information,
- Date(s) of service,
- Medical diagnosis and conditions information,
- Medical treatment and medications information, and
- Health insurance information.