Connexin Software Inc. Data Breach Investigation
Lowey Dannenberg is investigating claims for violations of the common law and state consumer protection statutes by Connexin Software Inc. (“Connexin”), as a result of a data breach involving sensitive patient health information and Social Security Numbers.
If you or your child received a notice letter, wish to participate, learn more, or discuss the issues surrounding the investigation please fill out the contact form below or please contact one of our attorneys at (215) 399-4782, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Happened and What Information Was Involved:
Connexin provides electronic medical records and practice management software, billing services, and business analytic tools to physician practice groups.
On November 14, 2022, Connexin announced that on August 26, 2022, the company detected a data anomaly on their internal network. As part of their investigation, Connexin learned on September 13, 2022, that an unauthorized party was able to access an offline set of patient data used for data conversion and troubleshooting. Connexin states that some of that data was removed by the unauthorized party.
According to Connexin, while not all of the data fields may have been involved for all individuals, the patient information may have included:
- Patient demographic information (such as patient name, guarantor name, parent/guardian name, address, email address, and date of birth);
- Social Security Numbers (“SSNs”),
- Health insurance information (payer name, payer contract dates, policy information including type and deductible amount and subscriber number);
- Medical and/or treatment information (dates of service, location, services requested or procedures performed, diagnosis, prescription information, physician names, and Medical Record Numbers); and
- Billing and/or claims information (invoices, submitted claims and appeals, and patient account identifiers used by your provider).
According to Connexin, parental, guardian, or guarantor information may have been impacted as well, in addition to their child’s information.
About Lowey Dannenberg
Lowey Dannenberg is a national firm representing consumers in Privacy actions. The firm has significant experience in prosecuting multi-million-dollar lawsuits and has recovered billions of dollars on behalf of its clients.
Lowey Dannenberg P.C.
44 South Broadway, Suite 1100
White Plains, NY 10601
Tel: (215) 399-4782