Anesthesiology Data Breach Investigation
Lowey Dannenberg is investigating claims for alleged violations of the common law, and state consumer protection statutes by:
- Anesthesia Associates of El Paso;
- Anesthesia Associates of Maryland;
- Anesthesia Services of San Joaquin;
- Bronx Anesthesia Services;
- Fredericksburg Anesthesia Services;
- Hazleton Anesthesia Services;
- Lynbrook Anesthesia Services;
- Palm Springs Anesthesia Services;
- Providence WA Anesthesia Services;
- Resource Anesthesiology Associates of CA;
- Resource Anesthesiology Associates of IL PC;
- Resource Anesthesiology Associates PC; and
- Upstate Anesthesia Services PC.
as a result of a data breach compromising approximately 380,104 patient records containing highly sensitive protected health information, including a combination of patient names, contact details, health insurance policy numbers, Social Security numbers, payment data, and health information, such as treatments and diagnoses.
If you are a patient, received a notice letter, wish to participate, learn more, or discuss the issues surrounding the investigation please fill out the contact form below or please contact Anthony Christina at (215) 339-4782, or via email at email@example.com.
What Happened and What Information Was Involved:
While the true extent of the data breach is unclear at this time and full notice does not appear to be issued, it appears that the data breach occurred on July 15, 2022, at the “management company” that the above anesthesia providers utilize. The name of the “management company” is currently unclear. However, it appears that highly sensitive protected health information stored in the “management company’s” systems was affected during the data breach, which included:
- patient names,
- contact details,
- health insurance policy numbers,
- Social Security numbers,
- payment data, and
- health information, such as treatments and diagnoses.